...



Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shows & More Shows!

So, today I wanted to talk about the TV shows that my hubby and I are totally hooked on at the moment. Some are new, others are into the next seasons, and others I'm very upset that I can't watch (Dexter and True Blood) because they're not available here in Australia. :(

But anyway, let's get started.

First up, SUPERNATURAL. My gosh! Just when you think this show can't get any better, you start to watch the fourth season and think: yikes! It can. Honestly, it's fantastic and I can totally see where Dean and Sam are headed. And it's not a happy place. Not when we're talking about one being touched by a demon, and the other by an angel. But you know what, I can't wait!

Did you all watch last week's episode? The one where Dean goes back and meets his parents before they're married. It was amazing! And totally unexpected. What an awesome ep! :D

Next up is FRINGE. We've watched the first three episodes and I have to say that I'm impressed. I like the female protagonist and the two men who stand beside her.

Olivia is a strong FBI agent that was deceived by someone she thought cared about her. The turn of events from that situation led her to the Bishops. I love the dynamic between father and son, and can't help but speculate just why they seem to be so disconnected.

I can't wait to see what lies ahead, looks like it'll be interesting. And the best thing is that we get answers as the episodes end. Not left hanging, like LOST for example. ;)

THE MENTALIST just started here on Sunday night and we loved it too! Simon Baker's an awesome actor and he brings a lot of awesomeness to this character.

Love that Patrick has a tragic backstory. And what about that opening scene, huh? I gotta say, it hooked me in from the beginning. Looking forward to more of it.

Oh, and CALIFORNICATION started the same night too. I loved the first season. It was raw and crude, and I enjoyed Hank Moody's insane life. But the first ep in the second season left me feeling a little... I don't know. Meh, maybe? There was something not-quite-there about it. Not sure what, but I hope it gets better.

Also, tomorrow night we're getting the first two episodes of HEROES. I've heard mixed things about the latest season, but I want to see it for myself.

And last but certainly NOT least, BURN NOTICE. I love this show. The excellence has carried over into the second season, but I just wish Aussie TV would stop screwing us around with it. They put it on, they take it off. It's so infuriating. I enjoy catching up with Michael, Fiona and Sam. They're so awesome!

Okay, now that I've spilled my TV score card for this season, what's yours look like? Do we share any of them?

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

I think your favorite shows are my husband's favorite shows, too. :-)

For me, I love Fringe--can't wait to see more of that one! It reminds me of an updated X-Files. And I'm really digging Supernatural, too.

October 8, 2008 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Cynthia! It sounds like your husband has great taste. ;)

October 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Carlanime Bligh said...

I'm loving this season of Supernatural--the time-travel episode was brilliant.

I haven't seen Fringe yet, but am planning to make an effort to get caught up soon.

October 8, 2008 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Carlanime! Thanks for stopping by.

Oh, yeah, SUPERNATURAL is rocking right now. I'm looking forward to checking out the latest ep later on. :)

October 10, 2008 at 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home