...



Friday, November 21, 2008

Drama Teen

One of my friends went with her daughter to see Twilight last night. She said she would have enjoyed the movie if all the teenage girls in the audience had been gagged. Every time Edward appeared on screen, they screamed. Every time Edward and Bella kissed, yep, you guessed it, they screamed.

So, with that in mind, I can say I won't be seeing Twilight. I have a teenage girl in my house (just turned 15) and the drama we have at home is unimaginable. The worst part is that I hate conflict. I'll go out of my way to avoid a fight. My teenager thrives on it. If she isn't fighting with us, she's fighting with her brothers or her friends, or her bio-dad.

Well, early last week, the angst started with her asking to get her belly button pierced. I answered with a resounding "No, wait until you're 18". Tears, slammed doors and hurt feelings whirled through the household for days. Then, we came back from our weekend at Riverside and later that evening caught her sneaking out of the house. We still have no idea where she was going or what she was going to do when she got there, or even if it's happened before. So, she's grounded...which meant she couldn't go with her friend (mentioned at the top of this post) to Twilight last night. More screaming, ranting, and even a little cursing thrown in. She lost her phone privileges over that. Now, mind you, she already lost her IPOD to a grounding earlier this month over yet another bit of drama.

Heck, if this wasn't my life, I could probably turn it into a bestseller...

So, unless I hear that things have quieted down at the theaters, we'll wait until Twilight comes out on DVD. I'll be the one sitting on the couch in my jammies eating popcorn and, believe me, I'll have plenty of duct tape on hand for the drama teen...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor woman! I don't envy any parents of angsty teens. My hat's off to you.

I'm waiting until next week to maybe try and sneak in for an afternoon showing of Twilight to avoid all the screaming teens, lol.
I would be extremely irrate if I paid to see the move and had to listen to that throughout it!

November 22, 2008 at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home