...



Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Finished NaNoWriMo & More Reading

Check it out! I'm a NaNoWriMo winner for the third year in a row. Yay! It's always a great accomplishment. Not only to take part in NaNo during the month of November, but to be able to say: "I just finished another first draft." It never gets old. The excitement is always the same.

I have another novel under my belt. Sure, it'll need some more work before I can say it's done, but heck, the main bulk of work is out. Outta my head, to be precise. And that's a good thing, because it's always a little crowded up there. Lol.

So, tell me, how did you go? Did you manage to meet your 50k goal already, or are you getting close? I mean, there's still several days to go until the end of the month, so don't give up. And if you didn't meet the required amount, did you surprise yourself and got more words out than you thought you would? I hope so. :)

Well, asides from the crazy bout of writing, I've also been reading some more. These are the excellent books I finished this week:



UNSHAPELY THINGS is the first book in an urban fantasy series by Mark Del Franco. It follows the life of Connor Grey, a druid (and former Guild investigator) who suffered an accident that caused him to lose his powers. But that didn't stop him from working. He's living in Boston and helping the police. Though the latest case throws him into some very dangerous situations, and turns out to be more than what it seems.

HOTTER AFTER MIDNIGHT is the first book in a trilogy written by our very own Cynthia Eden. I've got to say that I was sucked into the story from the first page. My gosh! This book is SO darn good. Everything about it kept me wondering and thinking about it so much that I grabbed it every chance I got. And it didn't disappoint. If you're looking for an awesome read with infectious characters, suspense that'll keep you on the edge of your seat, and a HOT, sizzling romance, then you've gotta check this book out. You won't regret it. :)
I enjoyed both of these books so much that I've already ordered the second ones.
And last night, I started reading this one:

It's a very long book, but the concept sounds intriguing. And I love Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga, so I'm looking forward to reading about a different world. So far, so good.

Well, that's it for me for another week. Have a good one!

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger SaturnMoonie said...

I didn't make the 50K, I'm at 22,000something. I'm still writing though, and if I make it to 25k I'll be happy. I already feel really proud because I stuck with it, and this is the longest thing I've every written, usually I write poetry and short stories no longer than 8k. So either way I think I did good. Maybe next year I'll do better :)

November 26, 2008 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Yolanda, I am so impressed by you--and you, too, SaturnMoonie! I didn't think I'd be able to do NaNo, so I'm working on Sven's 70 Days of Sweat. You ladies are inspiring me!

And thank you for posting about my book--so glad you enjoyed it!!

November 26, 2008 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

SaturnMoonie, you're doing great! And I love that you've got a great, positive attitude, too. :) Keep on writing and you'll continue to surprise yourself.


Thanks Cynthia! And hey, you're welcome. Your novel was awesome! I just had to post about it. ;)

November 26, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home