...



Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Meh & NaNo

Have you ever had one of those days, or even weeks, when you feel a little lost and distracted?

I'm feeling like that at the moment. It seems to happen to me at least once a month. Gee, anyone would think I was a werewolf or something. ;)

Still, when I feel like this it can get a little hard to focus on what I'm doing. Unless I'm so totally involved in it that it's consuming my mind so much not even a state of mind can shake my commitment. That happened the last time I wrote a novel first draft in September. But... it's not happening now.

Why?

I think that there have been too many distractions going on lately. Some were computer or internet issues, while others are just the fact that I've got one new idea munching away at my brain and another that wants the second book started. Now! And since my NaNoWriMo novel isn't about any of them, my head feels a little like there's a struggle going on. Still, I'm determined to get my NaNo novel written this month because it's an idea that I got a year ago, while writing the first installment. And I just have to get it out of my head, there's too much in there already.

Am I sounding like a nut yet? Lol. :D

At the moment (it's Tuesday because I won't be able to post on Wednesday) I'm sitting @ 20,011 words. I hope to at least be up to 25k by the end of the week. We'll see how I go. More importantly, how are you going with your tale? Moving along at a nice pace? I'm moving much slower than what I'd like to be...

See ya next week!

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SaturnMoonie said...

Slow? You? Ha!!! I wish I were at 20k...I'm barely at 11k...that was a little bit of whine from me to you, hehe.

I guess I shouldn't get discouraged, 11k isn't so bad, at least I made it that far and I still have time...I just gotta pick up the pace a tad...just tad. :D

November 12, 2008 at 4:30 AM  
Blogger Eliza Gayle said...

I'm finding NaNo to be a challenge but it's working, the book is getting written. So i'm a happy camper.

E

November 17, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home