...



Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Reading Plan for 2009

Let me start with a few links. If you'd like to see a list of the books I read in 2008, you can see it HERE. You can also see the 2007 books list.

My only reading plan is to read 52 books during the year. One book per week sounds pretty doable. Right? Well, sometimes I go a few weeks without reading anything at all. And others I read about 3 or even 4 books in one week. It all depends on how busy I am with my own work. If I've got edits or revisions due, I like to get those done before anything else. Or, if I'm writing the first draft of a novel, I make sure I don't read any books in the same genre during the time it takes me to get the draft written.

Of course, afterwards, I reward myself by going on a reading binge. ;) I find it makes a great reward.

So, this year is the same. I'd like to get 52 books read, but there are a few other things I'd like to do within that too. Here's a little list:

* Catch up on The Dresden Files series. I've read the first 2 already and have the next 6 waiting. It's a great series, so I have no idea why I haven't caught up before. :/

* Read one Stephen King book a month. I pretty much have every Stephen King book ever released, and it's time to catch up on the older works I still haven't read. I've read a lot of his work, but still have a lot to catch up on, too.

* Make sure I read the first book in a series before buying all the others. I've done this a lot. I have 4 books in the series on my TBR pile before I start the first one. Lol.

* Catch up on my series reading from various authors.

* Read more eBooks.

I think that's the main stuff. Other than that, I just want to keep reading awesome books! I've been very lucky with the books I picked up last year. Pretty much every book I've been reading has been awesome!

So, how about you? Do you have any sort of reading plan? Do tell. :)

Happy Reading!


Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ericka Scott said...

Reading...I love to do it but have to snatch the time in minutes, not hours. Last year, I made it through about 30 books. Not as many as I like (this is the chica that, as a child, would check out the 8-book maximum at the bookmobile and have them read before bookmobile returned!).

I need to make a better reading goal. But right now, I'm digging through Heather Graham's Flynn Brother's Trilogy (Deadly Night -which I bought for the title and cover, then was hooked-- Deadly Harvest and I'm just about to start Deadly Gift). Yummy!

January 23, 2009 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

I like having a reading goal. :) It helps me stay on track. Still, as long as I read 52 books per year, it's fine with me.

I haven't read any Heather Graham yet.

So many great books, so little time.

January 23, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home