...



Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Enjoying the time off!

Yep. I've been enjoying my time off with hubby a lot. Of course, although technically he's on holidays, we've been doing plenty of stuff around the house. As a result, both of the bedrooms are now re-painted, have new carpet, new furniture, and look a hell of a lot tidier. I love them!

We've gotten rid of most of the clutter, which is what we were trying to do.

Of course, I've still got a bunch of writing papers, research and notes I need to go through, but most of it is done. Or hidden away inside our wall of bookshelves. ;) Every single one of my books now has a home. Yay!

Oh, and I've caught up with some reading. These are the books I've read so far in 2009:

THE UNNATURAL INQUIRER: Simon R. Green
LORD OF MISRULE: Rachel Caine
THE DARKEST FIRE: Gena Showalter
DEAD TO ME: Anton Strout
THE DEVIL TO PAY: Michele Hauf
STRAY: Rachel Vincent
ROGUE: Rachel Vincent
PRIDE: Rachel Vincent
SUPERNATURAL ORIGINS: Peter Johnson & Matthew Dow Smith
WONDER WOMAN DOWN TO EARTH: Greg Rucka

Everything I've read so far has been awesome! I love having an awesome reading run. This'll be my last week reading urban fantasy books before I take a small break from them. Next week I'm going to tackle the final revision of one of my UF novels and will probably read YA until that's done. It's just a little rule I have: No same genre reading while writing the first draft or doing revision. ;)

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the rest of the week. I hope you do too!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger AE Rought said...

Ah, holidays. We don't get them enough here. And hubby often uses the time to go hunting--which gives me time to eat cereal, and write write write ^_^

Looks like a bunch of books for me to farm when I'm done with my own UF, Y, so thanks for the shopping list! I've been reading YA while writing UF, lately...so far my favorites is The Host, although I think Stephenie and her pub categorize it as adult, it's not much different in over all tone than the Twilight saga, just not so damned introspective and whiney.

Smooches!

February 12, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home