...



Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Well...it's the second Friday the 13th in a row. How exciting!

I've never been superstitious, in fact, 13 is one of my favorite numbers and I adore black cats.

But we have our own Friday the 13th tradition. Scary movies. We rent out one or two, pop a tub of popcorn, and sit back and enjoy.

My favorites are ghost stories...An American Haunting, The House on Haunted Hill, The Haunting, and my all-time favorite, What Lies Beneath.

My daughter likes the cling-to-your-seat horrors...One Missed Call, Mirrors, The Ring, and The Grudge.

We no longer send my husband out for the "horror" videos, as he tends to come home with blow-em' up type movies -- Pitch Black, The Bourne Series, and anything with Vin Deisel (not that I'm complaining, I'd look at Vin day and night without blinking, but they aren't "horror")

So, for tonight, we're going to pick a movie done by the King of Horror. Stephen King. 1408. I'm rather on the fence about this movie. Many of the movies made out of his books just don't live up to the true horror of his words. However, I did enjoy Rose Red. However, the only words to describe Kingdom Hospital was puzzling and bizarre. I have high hopes for this one...the previews made us all go "oh!".


So...are you superstitious about the 13th or do you laugh in the face of things that could go wrong? Or do you, like us, hole up and watch scary movies?

2 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Do you know that we've got another Friday the 13th in November this year? Wow, huh?

I try not to think of myself as superstitious, but I still refuse to walk under a ladder and am very careful with mirrors. ;)

How'd you like the movie? Haven't seen it yet but I enjoyed the story.

March 18, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Ericka Scott said...

I loved 1408. Not having read the story, I didn't anticipate the ending -- so I really enjoyed the suspense.

March 20, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home