...



Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Music & Writing

Several posts back, I got to chatting about Jared Leto being in a band. You all remember that, right?

Well, shortly after that I went out of my way to find the two albums his band had available. The first one was easier to find. But last week my copy of A Beautiful Lie finally came in. And WOW! I thought their first album was fantastic, this one just enhanced it.

And can I say that I'm totally and utterly addicted? The funniest thing is that I've also got my daughter and husband hooked on them! It's amazing, but totally awesome. I feel like such a fangirl whenever I listen to their music.

Music and writing has always tied together for me. When I was a teenager I'd stay in my room for hours while I listened to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal music and just wrote. The habit continued up until I had my daughter. After that, I became accustomed to silence while writing, but still drew a lot from listening to music at other times.

I love it when you listen to a song and it feels as if it's speaking to your muse, sometimes even as deep as your soul. I've gotten many ideas just from the way a certain song sounds. It's absolutely awesome. And this all brings me back to 30 Seconds to Mars. I can't believe how deeply their songs reach within me. Sometimes it's a little hard to explain what I mean with just words. But it's a fantastic spark.

For the first time in years, I've actually started writing (and even some revising) with music in the background again. I love it! And for that, I'd love to thank the fantastic music of 30STM! They're a very talented bunch of musicians.

So, tell me, how do you feel about music and writing? Does it go hand-in-hand for you? And is there a particular style that is a must while you write?

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

I'll be the featured author at Mandy M Roth's blog this Friday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home