...



Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dropping Shows & A Keeper

A few weeks ago I posted here about the TV shows my hubby and I were getting stuck into this season.

Well, it looks like that's all going to change. You see, there's a combination of reasons. One is that Australian TV has decided to pull their usual crap of axing and playing around with viewers, and the other is that some of the shows are just not great anymore.

Here's a recap:

FRINGE - Channel Nine has decided to axe this show. It doesn't matter that they advertised this show like crazy and were seriously fast-tracking it here. Nope. They've decided they don't like the ratings, but didn't bother telling anyone. The only reason I know is because I found this online. We were really enjoying it too.

THE MENTALIST - Although this is a great show and we've watched three eps, we've decided to drop it before the channel does. I mean, they've moved this show to FRINGE's old timeslot, which means it's only a matter of time before they cut this one too. So, if we're still interested when it comes out on DVD, we'll borrow it then. Simon Baker rocks in it! I hope it does well in the U.S.

CALIFORNICATION - This is on a different channel, but that doesn't mean they're any better. Still, what made this show excellent and interesting during the first season has been forgotten. All that happens now is Hank arguing with the chick he's with. Damn. What's her name? I can never remember because she's so annoying. Hank doesn't feel like Hank anymore.

HEROES - I didn't think it was possible to screw this show up... but I was terribly wrong. It totally sucks now! We watched the first two eps and it was like pulling teeth. Only managed five minutes into the third before switching it off and deciding it'll just be a waste of time to invest anymore time in this one. My gosh! I hate this new crappy direction they're taking. Why can't they leave the future where it is?

BURN NOTICE - Where is it? Channel Ten pulled it and well, no one knows what the hell they're doing with it. Stopped mid-second season for no good reason. WTF? I miss Michael, Fiona and Sam. :(

So, where does that leave us now? It leaves us watching SUPERNATURAL, which totally rocks! And we're not going to depend on Aussie TV for this one, either.

I'll leave you with a clip of last week's episode. Monster Movie was hilarious!

Yolanda
http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AE Rought said...

Y,

I am ADDICTED to Fringe and would probably dissolve into a miserable puddle if they took it off the air here. Once we get a (fully functioning) recorder, I'll record the shows for you, burn them todisk and ship them your way. Can't have a fellow Fringe fan going without!

October 23, 2008 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi AE! Wow, if you're able to do this, it would be fantastic! Thanks. :)

October 28, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home